I started a pair of socks on our way to Kettle Moraine 100 and was nearly finished with the first one when I tried it on. Hmmm.... pretty tough to get it past my heel/ankle. It otherwise fit great. I did a bit of research and thinking about what might be the issue. Then, on a commute where I was not only 'bridged' but also 'trained', I ripped back the entire sock so I could start over.
It took a few days before I had a new plan and time to cast on. My theory is that the corrugated ribbing, which doesn't have much give, unlike traditional ribbing, is the cause. So I added 4 more stitches and started over. I have been taking my knitting everywhere with me, including onto the front porch, and have made some progress. Though the other night I spent at least an hour knitting and reknitting the same row due to repeated mistakes in implementing the pattern. I have a couple of inches done now and will try them on again soon so as to not get so far along before discovering my error.
|Reknitting the Chase Socks|
While sitting on the porch I was struck by the beauty of the hop flowers.
|A closer look at the inflorescence|
The plant covers the majority of the railing after climbing the 10-12 feet to the porch. It is a very effective screen and a haven for the chipmunk and birds that visit our feeder daily.
I finally got out for a long run that was not part of pacing duties! Joined Jeff Allen and a host of Twin Cities runners at Taylors Falls, MN to explore trails on both sides of the river. Loved these stairs!
|Steps carved into the rock at Interstate State Park, Taylors Falls, MN|