Friday, August 30, 2013

Knitting Origami

aka Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket.

I am continually amazed when this:

 With a fold or two:

 becomes this:


Details: Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock Yarn (80% merino/20% nylon; machine washable). Custom dyed colorways: Circuitry and Motherboard. Sz 5 (3.75mm) circular needles.

This yarn has provided the world with: a pair of socks; a hat:
The Chase or Runner's Hat
and now this sweater. I still have most of the second skein of both colors left so I think this baby will be receiving a few more handknit items. 

The sweater is sewn up (just two seams at the shoulders) and I still need to find some buttons to finish it off. Fortunately the intended recipient isn't due to arrive until March 2014 so I have a bit of time to complete my search. 

1 comment:

Susan Tomlinson said...

I like Elizabeth Zimmerman. My neighbor who is teaching me to knit loaned me two of her books. Such delightful, down to earth writing.

Love that color!