Sensitive fern (Onoclea sensibilis). Okay, not truly a wildflower, but a cool plant anyway. Sensitive to: early frosts and being cut - both will make it wither quickly.
Other items of interest:
- passed my boards and am now a licensed RN - the sick feeling a the pit of my stomach last Wednesday was over nothing.
- started my new job today, so far so good.
- Icarus shawl is coming along, even managed to finish a few rows at the soccer game this evening.
- socks are languishing by the green couch though the heel is turned and the gusset is at least half worked.
- started playing soccer with a women's league in town. Now I have sore quads and bruises rivaling my girls'. this should prove an interesting combination with my running schedule - three miles and then a 90 minute game on a full-size field???
Otherwise not much going on around here.
8 hours ago