Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Apologies to anyone who has stopped by looking for a post. I set this up and then disappeared to take finals, go on a trip, study for my boards, interview for a job and get some hiking in. While I was gone I did get some great pictures of wildflowers and will try to post some of my favorites at some point in time.

As far as knitting goes: one shawl under way and closed to finished, but I am now worried about running out of yarn before I get to a good stopping place in the lace pattern I decided to insert halfway through knitting the shawl. Also, a pair of socks is in the works, helping me to focus while I study.

Great moment of the past week: running along the Superior Hiking Trail form Jay Cooke State park to Beck's Rd (in Duluth) and encountering a very young fawn laying on the trail, trying to be invisible. I was stunned, awed and ... well I have run out of words to describe how I felt. Needless to say, after observing the fawn I moved on. I was worried about the stress it was under. The group of hikers that came along later did not see it, so mom must have come back and moved the fawn away.

Wildknits

No comments: