Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Moonshadow, moonshadow

Tonight was one of those perfect Duluth winter evenings. Clear skies; brisk winds; 3-4 inches of fresh snow; unbroken trails and a nearly full moon.

A night for playing in the snow and with our shadows as we ran trails in the Piedmont neighborhood.

At one point it just seemed right to make a snow angel.

At another we needed to stop and just stand still for a bit absorbing our environment: the trees, wind, shadows, stars and moon.

Ahhhhhhh.......

Came away refreshed and having planted at least one earworm in my running partners mind:
Moonshadow 

I  also introduced her to a refrain from an even older song:


"By the light of the silvery moon,
I want to spoon, to my honey I'll croon love's tune,
Honeymoon keep a-shining in June,
Your silvery beams will bring love dreams, we'll be cuddling soon,
By the silvery moon."



No comments: