Sunday, October 01, 2017

Recently Completed, Started, and On Hold Knitting Projects

A little less running means a little more time for knitting. With a deadline looming (baby about to arrive) it was time to finish up a sweater and hat project I have had in the works for some time:
EZ's Baby Surprise and Purl Soho's Garter Stitch Ear Flap Hat

Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket

Purl Soho Garter Stitch Ear Flap Hat


Also completed the socks I started back in July at the Brandon Folk Festival:
Basic sock pattern; Three Irish Girls Adorn Luxe Sock Yarn Bali Hai color way


Redesigned, knit, redesigned and knit a hat for a friend:

Runner's Hat (Wildknits original) Sawtooth V2


Started a garter stitch stole that will be gifted to another friend who is facing some challenges:

Stonecrop (Jared Flood) Kauni EQ wool

Bottom border plus first few rows of center panel


This still leaves one project in the active, but long-term UFO, pile:
Biohazard Socks
I have made some progress on the socks. After realizing the original pattern had a heel style that does not work for my ankle/foot I ripped out the nearly completed sock; redesigned the heel using my old standard heel flap pattern and reknit that sock. I have started the second sock, but it has been set aside for the more urgent knitting projects.




4 comments:

Olga said...

Thank you for your knits updates! I always look forward those, as we share the passion:)

wildknits said...

Thanks Olga! I will try to be better about updating the blog with knitterly content.

Londell said...

That baby jacket - WOW WOW WOW! Love it - I guess having a grandkid (Shelley's) makes me like things like that more.

wildknits said...

Thanks Londell!

There is a reason that is one of my favorite jackets to make for babies. It is a relatively easy knit, but makes for a stunning finished product! Especially if you pick the right yarn and buttons.

And yes, having a grandkid around makes it all the more fun to make (or buy) baby things.