- registered for the Half Voyageur Trail Marathon months ago. This race took place today.
- have been in a running slump (multiple causes) of late
- it's been hot out. I live in northern Minnesota for many reasons, one of them being I like cooler weather
- registered for Minnesota Voyageur Trail Ultra (50 miles) months ago. This race takes place in two weeks.
- due to the above I decided that rather than racing today (Half Voyageur) I would sweep instead. This would take the pressure off but still allow me to cover the distance, help the race director out, and get some serious time on my feet practicing power hiking and hopefully gaining some adaptation to the heat and humidity.
- photos from today's event:
|Half Voyageur Trail Marathon - 2012 Special Edition|